The physical infrastructure of 514 bedded Teaching Hospital of Medical College has been designed and built to suite the required standards with all the essential and desirable facilities. The hospital complex houses three -storied buildings that accommodate the OPDs and wards of the clinical departments, Emergency department, Operation Theaters, Central Laboratory, Blood Bank, Pharmacies, and Canteen etc. Fully furnished residential accommodation has been provided to all the Medical Doctors, Nursing and other Para-Medical staff in close Vicinity of the hospital. Round the clock Ambulance, Pharmacy, Blood Bank services are available within the hospital complex. The OPDs of the various departments together have a capacity to treat about 1000 patients daily. The average daily OPD attendance is between 600 to 700. The average Bed Occupancy in the wards remain around 75 percent throughout the year.
Here are some special features of the Teaching Hospital:
- The Radiology Department has the most advance and sophisticate medical equipment’s such as C.T. Scan,, Ultrasound, etc.
- The Surgery Department has several super specialty units such as Plastic-Surgery, .
- The Medicine Department has fully equipped I.C.U., C.C.U.,
- The Pediatrics Department has a separate Neonatology Unit with a most sophisticated bedded NICU
- The full-fledged physiotherapy centre has the most advance and sophisticate equipment’s/ instruments.
- The Preventive clinic has specially trained Doctors & Para Medical staff for the separate units like DOTs clinic.
- Immunization cell and Counseling cell. ICTC, ART CENTRE BLOOD BANK